About this service
sshreach.me allows you to expose a service (like web server or ssh server) on your computer or your local server to the Internet by creating encrypted tunnels to the predefined access points. You can then remotely open those tunnels when access is needed and close them when you no longer need them.
- If you are a web developer, you can allow your client to see your work in progress on your development computer. There is no need to set up temporary web servers.
- If you are a system administrator and you administrate one or more servers behind the firewall, you will be able to remotely initiate the tunnels and access the servers.
- If you are a technical support and you need to access client's windows or mac computer through VNC you can remotely activate the tunnel and access the computer through a secure tunnel.
Besides ours, there are other solutions out there, both paid and free.
- Transparent: You do not need to put third-party applications or binary executables of unknown content on your server. Instead, it only uses the tools that are already supplied on your server - just a plain and simple python script whose only task is to start and stop ssh tunnel upon request. If you don't like it, you can even replace it and use your own.
- Private: The tunnel is encrypted using your own private/public key combination.
- Portable: It works with all major Linux distributions, Mac OS X and Windows (7, Vista, 8 and 10) systems.